Friday, April 24, 2015

No One Fights Alone - Three Hundred Strong

Me & Mel, the belle of the ball
I've written before about my beautiful, strong teal sister, Melissa, and her fight against cervical cancer, which has now metastasized. This past Saturday, I was lucky enough to travel to her hometown for a beef & beer fundraiser thrown for Mel by her amazing sister in law, Danielle. I met three of my teal sisters for the very first time: Mel, Amanda, and Jennifer. And it was like we'd known each other our entire lives. We've shared so much over the last year, sorrows, triumphs, laughter and tears. Our friendship may have been born from an ugly thing, but the love we have for each other is beautiful and genuine.

So the beef and beer... It was insane! 300 people came out, all to support Mel. Gloss Salon had a table set up to put in teal extensions (obviously I had to get two), there were two raffles, and all the proceeds go to help Mel in her fight. The night epitomized it's title: No One Fights Alone.

And the best part of the night! In a huge surprise, Mel and Ed, her fiance of 8 years got up on stage and GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was beyond perfect.
Sealing the deal
True love



















I am so grateful to have been a part of such a magical night. And I'm so grateful to Mel and Ed's families for bringing me into the fold. I love you all so much, and I can't wait to see you again. Getting to hug these ladies who have been my rocks through my own cancer journey was worth more than anything.

1 comment: