Friday, January 19, 2018

Cervivor No More

A lot has happened in the last 6 or so months. I am no longer associated with Cervivor. This was my choice, but the repercussions have been devastating. I quit because I did not like the direction the group was moving in - demotions if you didn't raise money constantly for the organization, focusing on cancer "celebrities" whose cervical cancer was not caused by HPV, as has been the focus, I believe, since the group's origin as Tamika and friends. I spent the entirety of Cervivor School Del Ray Beach in my room with a thrown out back. I was called a drug addict, and completely ostracized. None of this mattered to me at the time, because I was done with the group.

Very recently, Cervivor founder, Tamika Felder, banned some long term members of the group - because they were friends on social media with a woman that Tamika has issues with.

I'll pause so that can sink in.

Yes, women were removed from a cancer advocacy group because of who their friends were.
Does that sound like a dictatorship? Yeah, it does to me too.

Cervivor is NOT a support group, but so many women involved with it find the support they need to get through cancer treatments, and to emotionally heal after a cancer diagnosis. And that was ripped away from them, all because of a woman on their friends list.

There was no warning given. No chance to explain that maybe they hadn't had contact with this woman in a while, but hadn't given it enough thought to remove her from their friends list. It happened that fast - all of a sudden, they found themselves outside of a group that had meant so much to them.

Please stop and think about that - these women were ostracized from a CANCER GROUP because of a name on their friends list. These women are devastated. They are angry. They feel betrayed. Can you blame them?

Please do not associate with Cervivor. Do not join their dictatorship. Do not donate money to them. The childishness and hypocrisy has got to stop. Groups like this should be about allowing members to turn their sense of helplessness over their diagnosis into action, not some Mean Girls clique about blindly following the leader and being told who you are allowed to be friends with.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete