Monday, January 19, 2015

What a Stage B Cervical Cancer Looks Like

These images show what stage B cervical cancer looks like. I was stage 1B1, the early stage. Obviously you can see the deterioration of the cervix as the cancer progresses.

I was lucky. I cannot say this enough. My cancer was caught early, and I needed minimal treatment. Many women are not that fortunate. Many women die of this disease. Even one is too many, because this a cancer that is so easily detected with routine pap Smears.

YOU can be an advocate. YOU can make a difference. Share your story. Encourage the women in your life to get their smears. If you are 26 and under, look into the Gardisil vaccine. Consider vaccinating your child, boy or girl. There is no shame here. This is life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment