Thursday, August 4, 2016

Exciting Upcoming Cervivor Events!

Hey y'all!

So Cervivor is having two super exciting events coming up in the next two weeks! You know that I love, love, LOVE Cervivor! It has changed the way I view myself as a woman with HPV and as a cervical cancer survivor. Instead of being ashamed about having an STI, or being too embarrassed to talk about my lady parts, I now talk about them all the time! And I can't thank Tamika for giving me the courage and knowledge to speak out about my experience and to advocate for the HPV vaccine. One of Cervivor's goals is for this to be the last generation of women to suffer from HPV related cervical cancer. And how do we do this?

Cervivor School!

Cervivor School is open to all women living with HPV, who have cervical cancer, or are cervical cancer survivors. It consists of A LOT of information about HPV, the HPV vaccine, and cervical cancer in order to empower the attendees to go out and advocate and raise awareness about HPV, the vaccine, and the connection to cervical cancer.

I know I mentioned this before, but I am so pleased to tell you that the Cervivor School in Louisville, KY August 19 - 21 is free to women in Kentucky! I really hope this will encourage more of you to attend. It is a life changing event, and we need you!

The other event is Cervivor's Pap Rally and Run on Saturday, August 20. It will be held at the Riverfront Amphitheater 201 E. Water St. New Albany, IN 47150. It's a 5k run/walk, or you can just come and hang out! There will be a DJ to provide music, and you will most likely see me in a tutu :) You can register to run/walk on your own, form a team, or even join my team! No matter what, it's going to be a blast. The Pap Rally and Run is open entirely to the public, so come on out!

For more information, please visit Cervivor's events page for more information.

I hope to see you in Louisville and New Albany soon!

xoxo Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment