Monday, August 15, 2016

Cervivor School Is Almost Here!

Hey y'all!

I know I keep talking about this, but I am just so excited! This will be my 3rd time going, and every time it's different. I learn more, I meet new and wonderful women, and I get more energized about advocacy. We have the ability to be the last generation of women who suffer from this horrible disease, thanks to the HPV vaccine. It is so important to get your daughters AND you sons vaccinated so we can stop HPV and HPV related cancers; cancers like penile, anal, and head and neck cancers - those affect men! It's not just about the cervix anymore.

Friday I will board a plane for Louisville, KY. We'll have two and a half days of fun and education, laughter and tears. It's emotional for sure. But you come away with a deeper understanding of your disease, and what you can do to help prevent it in others. It could be as simple as talking to people about your experience and the HPV vaccine (hi Merk!), or as involved as lobbying your state government. Everything we do makes a difference in some way.

Saturday, Cervivor is bringing back the Pap Rally and Run! We are raising money to help keep Cervivor doing what it does best, helping women with HPV, cervical cancer, and survivors. You can donate to my team by clicking here. I'm walking not only for Cervivor, but to honor my cancer bestie, Melissa, who lost her life way too soon. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her, and I try to honor her life (which she lived to the fullest) in anyway I can. The Pap Rally and Run won't just be about running (or if you're like me, walking) - there will be a DJ, and lots of fun stuff. If you are in the New Albany, IN area, come out! You don't have to register, just come and enjoy the fun. And see me in a tutu :)

Kentucky women with HPV, cervical cancer, and survivors, you can attend this Cervivor School for FREE! If you are interested, you need to register ASAP, and use the code FReE when registering.

The thing I'm most excited about is seeing my Cervivor sisters. Some I have known for years online but never met, and some I see only infrequently. I am excited to meet the women I've never met before! We always have a blast - we are NOT a reserved group by any means!

My awesome friend Erica and I are doing a little something special when I get in on Friday - kind of a Cervivor School tradition. But more on that later.

I'll be spending the week trying to get ready while managing my household, and going to my 50,000,000 doctors appointments. I've been in remission for two years, but cancer leaves you with certain "gifts." But I can't complain too much - I'M A CERVIVOR!

xoxoxo Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment