Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fly High, Sweet Angel

Yesterday was a very sad day for so many. Felicia Huff gained her wings last night after fighting a hard battle against cervical cancer. She was in her very early 30's, with two young children. While I did not know Felicia, many of my friends did, and by nature of this horrible disease, she was my teal sister. My heart goes out to her family and friends today and in the long days and nights that follow as they must cope with this tragedy.

This brings up feelings of fear for me: Obviously I fear that my cancer will come back, ultimately end my life long before I am ready. I fear for my Teal Sisters, as I watch so many suffering, and wonder if it will be too much for their bodies to handle.

At times like these, we tend to say things like "At least she is no longer in pain." "She's in a better place now." And those are true. But her family and friends still ache. Her children will have to grow up without their mother. They want her HERE, healthy and pain free.

PLEASE, ladies, get regular Pap smears. Early detection is still our best chance minimal treatment and remission.

Please pray for Felicia's family and friends. Pray for a cure, so that no cancer patient will be lost ever again.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die. 
- Mary Elizabeth Frye

Fly high, sweet teal angel. May you rest in peace.

xo jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment