Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

I'm a little late in the game, as Thanksgiving will be over in a little over an hour, but oh well. Gratitude and being thankful should be an everyday occurrence, not just something we focus on on the last Thursday of November.

Number one, I am grateful for my health. Being diagnosed with cancer 7 months ago convinced me that this was it, my time was up, and I was going to die. I didn't care how much my oncologist reassured me, I didn't care about statistics. I had a potentially terminal illness dropped in my lap (ha ha). I went through treatment, and in September was declared NED (no evidence of disease). No one can ever tell me that the cancer is gone for good - there is no cure, only treatments & remission. And I am in in remission, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Number two, I am grateful for my family, both by blood and by choice. They have stood by me, given me their strength when I didn't have any of my own, talked me down off many ledges, given me shoulders to cry on. My son, for being so strong and becoming my rock. He has had to go through what no child has, but it has made him stronger.

Number three, I am grateful to my teal sisters. They have been there through thick and thin, have given me advice, have cheered me on. I couldn't have made it through without them. Special shout out to Amanda, Kim, Loretta & Melissa. #cancerbestiesforever.

Jon, your acceptance of me as I am has been such an amazing gift. Your love and caring knows no bounds. I am eternally grateful for your love and support. To the moon and back, forever and always.

xo jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment